Sunday, January 11, 2009

Feelin' Artsy:DD


Hey guys,

Just got done playing Mario Karts on the wii lol. I unlocked all these cool courses, characters, and these cars for my sister (she's really into the game).

Anyways, today my mom taught me how to quilt! I love doing arts and crafts, so this was actually kind of exciting for me. I chose floral dark purple, light purple, and solid marroon fabric. She taught me how to cut the fabric into perfect squares and taught me how to use the sowing machine. I had to iron my seams to make them flat and then cut the strips of fabric into squares. Once I had made about 26 squares of fabric, she told me to arrange the pieces anyway I wanted to, like a puzzle. I found a really pretty pattern and can't wait to finish it with her:]]

This year for christmas, I knitted all of my friends (girls only) scarves! It was a great way to save money and they also liked the scarves a whole lot better than money or giftcards! I think all together, I spent $10.00 on three my girlfriends. This year I want to do the same thing, only I want to quilt them a lap blanket or something!

With today's economy, arts and crafts provide a great way of taking up time if your bored, and it saves money on buying things. Why would you buy a $17.00 scarf when you could custom make your own for $8.00? Its also a great activity to get your friends and family into!

Whether it's taking up knitting, quilting, oragami, or any craft, arts and crafts are a great way to release stress, spend time with people, and create fabulous trinkets that you'll treasure forever!

Get your family into doing a craft with you. They're are tons of places you can refer to for fantastic ideas on what to make! I guarentee you, you will not regret it!


Yours Truly,

-Craisin

No comments:

Post a Comment