Thursday, October 15, 2009

Endless Seaweed

Word of the Day: Hogan - 1. a building made of logs and mud.

Hey bloggers! Today I came across a poem of mine that I wrote last year.

When my sister was homeschooled, she was required to write a lot of descriptive stories and poems. When ever she was given a writing assignment like this, my mom would have everyone do the same. For example, if Kailee (my sister) had to write a poem about pumpkins, we all had to write our own poem about pumpkins, lol.

One day, my mom told me that we had to write a poem about an object in nature. Seaweed was one of the example topics we could write about and so I wrote a poem called: Endless Seaweed and I thought I would feature it on my blog today:)

Endless Seaweed
It floats on the surface
Hides in the sand
Found on wet rocks
Found on dry land
It entangles its self among the white foam
Follows all others who dare do roam

Down to the depths
The stalks stretch like fingers
And wrap around bodies in the ocean that linger
A home to the fish
A monster to the friend
Will this supply of seaweed ever end?

Its shiny and sticky
The sun’s light reflected
And in some cases, to most people, always rejected
A home to the fish
A monster to the friend
Will this supply of seaweed ever end?

It multiplies in great numbers
Swallows the blue
And everything from surface to bottom too
A home to the fish
A monster to the friend
Will this supply of seaweed ever end?
It's interesting to look back on my poetry now, to see just how much I have grown in my writing:) hope you enjoyed, and have a great rest of the day!
Yours Truly,
Caitlyn

2 comments:

  1. Caitlyn,

    All your writing is amazing. I am so glad that you decided to share this with everyone and bless them with your talents.

    Love and Hugs ~ Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way your mom motivates her children to be more creative. I think in that process, your talent is discovered and then grows more and more...This was a great poem...And you must...keep composing...because you do have the talent to write! God bless you...

    ReplyDelete